Monday, February 1, 2010

Sweet Shady Lane

Over Christmas, I went out to some land that belonged to one of Logan's family friends to watch he and his little brother dove hunt- I like hiking around pastures and creek bottoms exploring. :) It reminds me of being a kid and climbing across my grandparents' land with my cousins on Sunday afternoons. I took my camera hoping to get a couple of shots of the cool, midsty day. As we were leaving that day, Logan pulled onto this road, "Old Shady Lane". I love roads like this that have been made into tunnels by the branches of trees that have decided to umbrella after years of being on the fenceline. According to sign posted at the end of the road, Shady Lane was an old farm road connecting neighboring homesteads in the 1800s. I can imagine generations of children playing in this road and dozens of wide-eyed sweethearts going for afternoon strolls under its welcoming branches.
Charming, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment